This is a full time, temp to perm, position.
Our client, a small but very busy family business, is looking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper with a “can do” attitude.
Your responsibilities will involve maintaining financial records, preparing tax returns and overseeing the financial health of the company, as well as preparing financial statements for review by the company’s accountant.
Duties of the role will include:
- Recording all financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Completing tax forms
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Paying regular bills for the company
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Handling invoices by recording/approving/denying payments
- Recording cash receipts/handling bank deposits/monitoring debt levels
- Maintaining petty cash
- Preparing information for auditors
- Calculating, preparing and producing quarterly VAT returns
- Submitting accounts to Companies House
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Good working knowledge of bookkeeping applications
- A qualified bookkeeper with a proven background
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good relationship and team building skills
- Good time management, organisation and multi-tasking prioritisation skills
- Accuracy with the ability to work well under pressure