This is a full time, permanent position.
Our highly established and successful (construction based) client is looking to recruit a Credit Controller / General Administrator to join their experienced and approachable team of staff, whose commitment is to provide an efficient and reliable service to customers at all times.
It is estimated that 80% of this role will be spent on credit control and 20% on general administration duties, as well as supporting others in the office. You will be working with a small, close team who work very well together. You MUST have your own transport.
Previous experience in this field is essential as you must be able to ‘hit the ground running’. You will be a key figure in supporting the financial function of the business.
Duties will include:
- Setting up terms and conditions of credit
- Managing/overseeing all debts owed
- Ensuring timely payments are made
- Building/maintaining strong relationships with customers, ensuring the smooth running of accounts
- Processing incoming funds
- Processing and reconciliation of invoices
- Resolving account queries
- Evaluating new credit requests, including checking credit ratings
- Negotiating re-payment plans
- Responding to relevant enquiries
- Checking and posting of receipts to accounting system
- Preparation of statements, status reports and all relevant information as required
- Managing sales ledger
- Providing administration support to the team
- Previous Credit Control / Admin experience (essential)
- Outstanding attention to detail with the ability to reconcile complex accounts
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft and accountancy software
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others