This is a part time, permanent position, working 3 days per week and would be an ideal opportunity for someone who has done this job at a higher level but is looking to return to work (or perhaps moving towards the end of their career, therefore looking to reduce their hours whilst maintaining a high level of responsibility/management level input).
Our client, who has been involved in the interior design industry for over 50 years, is looking to recruit a part time Finance & Payroll Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a modern thinking, dynamic company that takes great pride in delivering fantastic customer service and products. They are fundamentally looking for a Controller to run the figures, chase the debtors, keep the sales and purchase accounts tidy and run the payroll. However, it would be considered an advantage if you also had previous experience and the ability to be able to add value by analysing figures, manage the financial health of a company and act as part of a Management Team looking to grow the company.
Acting as Controller, your responsibilities would involve running the payroll, plus ensuring the Accounts Received and Accounts Payable are kept balanced and correct. You would also be expected to manage accounting records, monitor expenditure, forecast revenue, co-ordinate auditing processes and ensure accuracy of financial information.
Acting as Manager, your responsibilities would involve overseeing the end-to-end financial operations, financial planning and analysis, as well as management accounts, whilst looking to make improvements to the process and systems currently in place. You would also be responsible for the health of the company, as well as producing the financial information and reports required to develop strategies and guide the Management Team in making sound financial decisions.
Duties of the role will include:
- Driving the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices
- Preparing financial information required for weekly meetings with the Management Team
- Preparing/running the payroll system, ensuring accuracy
- Monitoring day-to-day financial operations
- Managing the Debtors list, ensuring prompt payment
- Managing the invoicing of orders, ensuring all is correctly invoiced
- Ensuring the upkeep of sales/purchase/nominal ledgers
- Running payment reports and processing payments in accordance with agreements
- Setting/enforcing department budgets
- Processing VAT and managing the HMRC process
- Analysis of the monthly figures, presenting the findings to the Management Team
- Producing cash flow forecasts
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, including P&L and balance sheets
- Creating statutory accounts
- Strong, technical accounting knowledge
- Experience of AP and AR
- Experience in being part of and running an annual audit
- Fully qualified in accountancy (ACA, ACCA, CIMA preferred)
- Experience in Excel and modelling
- Successful previous experience as a Financial Controller/Financial Director or Manager (qualifications in accounting of financial management)
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills and a flair for numbers
- Highly organised, self-motivated and extremely trustworthy
- Experience with acquisitions and takeovers (preferable)
- Commercial and business awareness
- A keen eye for detail and a desire to probe further into data
- Excellent time management, organisational and leadership skills