This is a full time, permanent position.
Our client, a specialist within the engineering industry is currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller/Director to join the team in High Wycombe on a permanent basis. This appointment is a key role within the business and will include responsibility for the Group Finance Department and HR functions. You must be either FCCA or CIMA qualified and have excellent computer skills to be able to understand financial systems.
Duties of the role will include:
• Responsible for four active companies within the group
• Responsibility for the production of monthly Management Accounts and presenting these to the other Directors
• Responsibility for formulating yearly budgets and targets with the other Directors and monitoring financial progress against these KPIs.
• Implementation and maintenance of robust financial controls and processes
• Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts and Company returns.
• Ensuring compliance and arranging submissions of VAT and Corporation Tax returns
• Mentor and further develop an existing finance team and support day to day queries in the department
• To provide detailed financial analysis of company contracts against budgets/forecasts to provide insight into business performance on a continuing basis
• Continual development of existing accounting processes and finance systems
• Financial management of staff benefits, healthcare, pension provisions and contracts
• Management of Human Resource aspects of the Group in association with individual divisional managers
• FCCA / CIMA qualified
• Strong Commercial Acumen
• Extensive business/financial/accounting experience
• Must be highly organised and capable of working competently with people, data and processes
• Ability to coach, train and develop staff
• Ability to assess direct report performance and identify areas of improvement
• Proven abilities in management, leadership, communications, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict management
• Computer system knowledge in order to manage financial computer systems and improve their relevance to the business