This is a full time, permanent position.
Our client, an accountancy practice based in Buckinghamshire are seeking a Graduate Audit & Accounts Trainee to join their growing team. The ideal individual will be studying towards an AAT qualification and have effective PC skills including Excel, Audit & Accounts packages.
Duties will include:
- Understanding requirements of each assignment such as timing, location and work required
- Complete tasks allocated to standard required by semi-seniors/seniors
- Receive feedback & discuss with the semi-seniors/seniors, learning from this to apply in the future
- Seek guidance on each assignment from the semi-seniors/seniors as required.
- Meet all deadlines and dates set by BPP / FTC & HAT /SWAT
- Meet all requirements of the company training policy
- Plan study throughout the year producing consistent link results above class average
- Complete the requirements of the Initial Professional Development Programme, or other such work experience requirements as stipulated by the relevant Institute, on a consistent and timely basis
- Completion and submission of timesheets within set deadlines
- Build relationships with clients and maintain client confidentiality outside the office including on client premises
- 300 UCAS points and minimum 2:2 degree (for ACA)
- Foundation and Intermediate AAT levels achieved (for AAT)
- Studying towards AAT qualification (technician level), ACA or ACCA
- Effective use of IT including excel, audit and accounts packages (Viztopia, Teamate, Sage), Outlook, CCH
- Self-motivated to study
- Take responsibility for work tasks and quality, managing own workload and deadlines under supervision
- Show enthusiasm and commitment to undertaking tasks as required and in particular seeing tasks through to completion
- Put concentrated effort into exam study and link tests
- Has a basic understanding company structure, industry, markets and core client base
- Aware of cost implications of actions
- Confident when speaking/working with clients