Our client, involved in the gardening industry, is looking for a Payroll Co-ordinator to provide support in the delivery of monthly payroll assignments in excess of 200 employees, across 3 payrolls, with a high levels of accuracy required and the ability to work to tight deadlines. In addition, you will be responsible for processing manual calculations, liaising with HMRC, processing year-end documentation and the administration of starters and leavers.
You will be required to undergo training under the Payroll Manager in Milton Keynes for the first month.
Duties of the role will include:
- Administrating the monthly payroll and ensuring all key deadlines are met as required, maintaining accurate payroll records in accordance with HMRC approved standards
- Inputting monthly payroll data in to the system, which would include hourly paid calculations, bonus schemes and statutory payments
- Administration of starters for payroll enrolment, including entering personal details, bank details and dealing with starter tax documentation
- Liaising on matters of Income Tax and National Insurance and dealing with queries
- Keeping up-to-date knowledge of the statutory payroll legislation
- Co-ordinating the company pension schemes
- Performing manual payroll calculations
- Management of pay slips and relevant Inland Revenue forms such as P45, P11D & P60.
- At least 3 years of payroll experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Payroll (preferable)
- Ability to manage your own workload and be a team player