School Administrator (Term Time only)Full Time Permanent Term Time Only
Our client an independent school is looking for a strong administrator to join them on a full time permanent basis. This position is term time only, approximately 35 weeks per annum. The successful candidate will have excellent time management, be able to juggle and prioritise tasks and represent the school in the best possible way.
Hours – Monday to Friday 7:30-4:30pm
c17 Saturdays per annum 7:30 – 12:30pm
The School Administrator / Logistics Co-ordinator plays a key customer-facing role in our busy front office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily co-ordination and smooth running of the school bus service (9 minibuses, c85 boys per day) for the Bursar, in co-operation with school bus drivers, parents, pupils and staff. They will liaise with teaching staff to ensure daily registers are fully up-to-date and will liaise with the Deputy Head (Management) regarding pupil absences; they will also monitor the flexi boarding arrangements of bus boys. In preparation for school holidays and exeats, they will liaise with parents and guardians, plus the Head of Boarding, to oversee the safe exit of boys.
They will be vital in giving a positive and professional first impression of the school and will work collaboratively with their two colleagues in the front office, the School Secretary and Office Manager in busy times.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Record attendance of boys on “iSAMS” for all year groups: am, lunch, pm for Boarders
- Ensure daily registers are updated by teachers and compose morning email to staff with absences, boys going out and school visitors
- Print 3rd and 4th form checkout sheets, having noted changes that occur during the day.
- Check with all drivers first thing each morning to see which boys are on the early / late buses each day.
- Prepare the daily bus board for checkout.
- Check with parents if there are any discrepancies between the driver information and register information.
- Liaise with parents and problem solve over transport issues as necessary.
- Arrange for minibuses to collect boys from away matches and take them straight back to home (London) if required.
- Cross reference and check team sheets to ensure that boys are on the correct timed bus.
- Advise Bursary of all “non-bus” boys who occasionally use the buses (eg boarders at Exeat) at the end of term, for re-charging.
- Ensure behaviour issues on buses are communicated to relevant teaching staff.
- Assist the School Secretary in welcoming and signing-in visitors, directing them as appropriate, dealing with face to face enquiries
- Help pupils with enquiries (lost property, match changes, messages from parents etc)
- Assist the Director of Admissions with beginning and end of year administration and preparation.
- Assist the PA to Deputy Head with ad hoc administrative tasks in busy times
- Maintain appropriate administrative and filing systems for the front office areas of responsibility, ensuring all documents needed for daily use are prepared and ready for the next day.
- Answer telephone calls, redirect as necessary or take messages ensuring calls are answered promptly and courteously
- Make refreshments for visitors as required
- Ensure that the reception area is always tidy and welcoming.
- Co-ordinate and administer After School Care
- Diary management of room bookings
- Support Head of Boarding with collating information related to overseas boarders’ exeats, half term and school holidays travel information. Maintain guardian information. Help with arrangements for weekend activities, eg bus bookings
- Assist Deputy Head (Management) with boys’ off site appointments, activity camps, transport, sports fixtures, collection of data and general admin
- Support Medical Centre, Library, Kitchen and Uniform Shop with ad hoc admin tasks and with the collection of parent drop offs
- including trips and outings and preparation for start of term
- Support Bursar’s Secretary with accommodation arrivals and transfers during the summer holidays