Facilities ManagerFull Time Part Time Permanent
Our client, a highly successful manufacturer is seeking a Facilities Manager to join them on a full time basis. You will be in charge of the physical site fabric and infrastructure to enable all departments to operate efficiently, including buildings & yard, facilities management, security, IT support and health & safety.
If you are seeking 4 days per week, this would also be considered.
Services & Infrastructure Management
- Managing contracts and associated work to maintain the vital services and infrastructure for the operation
- of the company, with the aim of best value for high quality. Including among others:
- Utility contracts including electricity plus rate reviews.
- Facilities maintenance (e.g. lighting, heating, racking, air-conditioning, evaporative cooling).
- Site cleaning throughout warehouse, offices and toilets. Staff refreshments, kitchens & canteen services.
- Service contracts including forklifts, compressors, waste disposal, pest control.
- CCTV system and intruder and fire alarms.
Site Fabric Management
- Ensuring the integrity of the building, looking for efficiency and other improvements in running the physical
- site, plus ensuring the safety of all staff whilst on site. Including among others:
- General Site Condition (offices, toilets, stairwells, warehouse, mezzanines).
- Building Perimeter & Access Condition (fire doors, shutter doors, silos, roofing and guttering etc..).
- External Condition (yard, car parks, signage).
- Site Security (keys, alarms, gates, end of the day and weekend site closure processes, attending site and
- managing a rota for out of normal hours emergencies or contractors).
Health & Safety Responsibility
- You will take primary responsibility for all Health & Safety matters within the company including safe
- systems of work and risk assessments. Duties include improvement projects, chairing health and safety
- meetings and consultations, as well as managing fire and safety equipment and being the first port of call for emergency issues. You will also have the opportunity to become involved with internal quality audits as
- part of our ISO quality standard processes.
IT Support Responsibility (Advantageous)
- You may take the lead role in ensuring day-to-day operational reliability of IT software and hardware
- including responsibility for the Server room, PC’s, networks, backups and the phone system. This will involve coordination of relevant subcontractors.
- Site Improvement Projects
- In partnership with the Managing Director, you will agree and then be responsible for implementing a rolling annual plan of both renewal and refurbishment, as well as specific site development projects which include physical building projects, energy saving initiatives or process improvements such as BRC implementation
The role covers many areas including managing utility supplies, site security, IT, power and electrics.
Whilst specific technical skills are not required, you will be a practical-minded person comfortable
discussing and arranging the work of electricians, plumbers and builders as well as reviewing and
negotiating contracts for site services such as cleaning, alarms and insurances.
If you have a certificate in Health & Safety such as NEBOSH then fantastic, but otherwise don’t worry as we will support your training. What is crucial to us is that you are keen to improve your skills, that you have a positive energy and desire to make continuous improvements, with the ability to identify and focus on work which will have the greatest cost-benefit effect for daily operations, staff-welfare and long term company success.
The role requires significant levels of cross-over with departments (for example forklift maintenance for distribution, compressed air supply for production and IT support for sales) hence you must be adept and enjoy working together with other managers, whilst experiencing a high level of autonomy and self-responsibility in your own role.