Our client, a leading wholesaler who is highly respected in the industry and has been established for 5 years, is looking to recruit an experienced Assistant/Junior Buyer to join their fast-paced organisation. You must be passionate with a want to be part of their success and continued growth in the years to come.
Working as part of a small buying team, this is an extremely varied role, reporting directly to the CEO. You must be a confident negotiator with the ability to form strong and long-lasting relationships with their suppliers. Your responsibilities will involve creating short/long-term forecasts for procurement and costings for their products.
• Developing a comprehensive understanding of their product supply chain
• Analysing market trends and applying this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
• Building relationships with suppliers and tailoring negotiations to suit their way of working
• Negotiating/ensuring best prices for items and delivery in satisfactory time
• Monitoring shipments/deliveries and chasing suppliers to ensure timely receipt
• Maintaining stock levels and identifying the need for replenishment
• Carrying out weekly sales analysis to deliver buying proposals
• Attending buy meetings with UK/overseas suppliers
• Adhering to purchasing budgets and identifying potential cash flow issues
• Managing stocklists/offers
• Building relationships with other departments to ensure constant communication/efficiency
• Other Ad-hoc tasks (as and when required)
Special requirements include:
• Previous buying experience (essential)
• Proactive in managing own development (with the ability to identify areas for improvement)
• Ability to seek the necessary tools to maximise learning potential
• High levels of drive, results orientated and with a motivation to succeed
• Confident communicator at all levels
• Strong negotiation skills
• Highly organised/good attention to detail/ability to prioritise
• A positive, confident and determined approach
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• A desire/aptitude to learn and understand the product
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.