Residential Conveyancing Assistant (CS006071)Full Time Permanent
Our client, a successful and rapidly expanding firm of solicitors, is seeking a Residential Conveyancing Assistant to join their team .
• Contacting Clients, Agents, Referrers, Search providers and other parties Solicitors to progress active conveyancing transactions.
• Requesting documentation fundamental to the transaction.
• Ensuring documents are returned by Clients and work providers, prompting them if required and progressing transactions.
• Dealing with sale, purchase and re-mortgage matters to the extent delegated by the Fee Earner, to include:
• Any preliminary matters on both sale and purchase files.
• Obtaining all required documentation from the client, other-side, third parties (such as HMLR and Lenders).
• Drafting sale contracts and re-mortgage documentation as required by the Property Lawyer.
• Dealing with Lenders on both sale and purchase matters, checking redemption statements, mortgage offers and dealing with the financial calculations relating to the same as required by the Property Lawyer.
• Drafting correspondence, exchange of memos etc
• Use of case management system
• Assisting with purchase files, including:
Obtaining initial documentation.
Preparation of files for completion to include, land registry searches, requests for mortgage advances and draft completion statements.
Dealing with all appropriate Notices/Deeds – Post Completion including submitting Certificates of Title to Land Registry and paying Stamp Duty
Checking the Conveyancing Inbox daily as appropriate and dealing with any emails relating to current files.
Telephone enquiries as received into the office.
• Making telephone calls as required in relation to redemptions, completion dates and search results.
• This list is not exhaustive and other tasks may be requested by the Property Lawyer/Management.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Excellent/experienced residential conveyancing assistant previous experience
• Good computer skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills