Our client, who provides production services (and established for 5 years), is looking to recruit a Senior Engineering Technician. Their commitment to innovation, technical excellence and customer service has ensured their huge success in such a short period of time.
You must have a passion for electronics and engineering (previous film based technical experience would be desirable but not essential). A good understanding of AV and video disciplines and technology is essential. Learning/operating new technical equipment must come easy to you. You will be working as part of a team of experienced, technically skilled engineering, supporting the development of this exciting part of the business.
This is a fast-paced environment, expectations are high and resources always constrained, but with your knowledge and skill set you will help to support many of the largest feature films produced in the UK and across the world. This role would suit someone who has a keen interest in engineering and AV, with an established knowledge of electronics and enjoys problem solving, with the ability to learn fast.
This role is split, primarily working alongside their engineering team, modifying, building and maintaining video/audio/networking equipment and cables/components used on film sets. Excellent tool skills, particularly soldering electrical components, will be a requirement from the start. At times you will be required to assist their operations team, preparing and testing equipment, managing client requests and providing technical support. This will involve prepping, testing and checking in/out of their rental equipment and occasional driving duties to deliver/collect equipment to and from film studios and rental houses.
PLEASE NOTE: This role will initially entail driving to Hayes for the first 1-2 months before they relocate office to High Wycombe
• Extensive/specialised knowledge of audio and video techniques
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical position in Audio Visual
• 2 Years’ experience with AV installation/servicing
• A tried and tested installation engineer with experience of designing bespoke AV solutions into end users
• Advanced knowledge of network and computer/ICT techniques
• Advanced knowledge of systems engineering
• Knowledge of procedures concerning the technical installation, implementation and delivery of projects
• Understanding/interpretation of wiring designs and pin out and schematic drawings
• Above average fault-finding skills with the ability to take initiative and problem solve
• Excellent soldering and cable crimping skills with impeccable attention to detail
• Background in electronics assembly and soldering
• Computer literate with MS Office (Excel, Word and Apple) and with the ability to learn new programmes quickly
• Providing remote technical support to operators in the field (desirable)
• Building/testing the AV technical equipment for hire to film productions (desirable)
• Clean driving licence
• Excellent communication skills at all levels with highly developed client-facing presentation
• Conscientious and positive with the ability to work under pressure
• Highly organised and self-motivating with the ability to work to deadlines, managing your own workload
• Discretion when working in sensitive areas of film production
• Flexible (as company priorities can often change unexpectedly), therefore able to change duties at short notice
• Physically active as moving/handling heavy equipment will be required
• Computer literate – competent with MS Office and Apple, with the ability to learn new programmes/applications quickly
• Good vision (not colour blind), as monitor calibration is required
• Process driven with common sense and initiative
• A team player with a positive outlook and with a can do/make it happen attitude
• Excellent attention to detail, taking ownership of a task/project (seeing it through to completion)
• 1 Hour maximum commute from High Wycombe