Sous Chef (CS006042)Full Time Permanent
Our client is seeking a full time, permanent Sous Chef to work as part of a professional Catering team to produce a high-quality service to a wide variety of clients, visitors and employees. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sous Chef with experience working in a busy kitchen and completing supportive roles such as ordering stock. The successful candidate would need to be passionate about food and be a good team player who is able to produce and deliver excellent results.
The Role: will involve working as part of a professional team meeting the needs of middle and senior managers studying in the area. This will also involve catering to external organisations and individuals for conferences, weddings and various large events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and cook fresh vegetables, salads and other produce for clients, visitors and special functions.
• Front of house carving and serving, as necessary.
• Work without supervision, on occasions, to produce client meals to meet high standards
• Ensure kitchen hygiene standards are maintained at all times to the levels required by the Head Chef, in line with Environmental Health Office regulations.
• Assist with stock control and stock take procedures as necessary under the direction of the Head Chef and/or Sous Chef.
• Receive deliveries of goods and assist with the storage of goods.
• In the absence of senior kitchen staff, assist with ordering stock, menu planning and staff training.
• Run a section for a full service when required.
• Any other duties as designated by the Head Chef to maintain a professional, efficient and high- quality service to clients and visitors.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Good timekeeping. Able to work well under pressure.
• Ability to run a section for full service when required.
• Good communication skills at least a basic level of spoken English in order to communicate effectively within the team and with customers.
• Must be able to read menus and other written instructions in English.
• Flexible approach to work, including willingness to change shift patterns as required
• Able to work well within a team
• Self-motivated, with a desire to learn and progress
• Able to work unsupervised
• Understanding of Food Hygiene methods
• Previous experience of stock ordering and stock control.
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of providing on the job training to more junior kitchen staff.
• Knowledge of International Cuisine
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Flexible with ability to work in a diverse team
Additional Information / Benefits:
• Overtime opportunities
• Pension Scheme
• 21 Days Holiday
• Unsociable Hours Enhancements
Own transport is essential due to location.