Our client, an insurance broker, is looking to recruit an Account Handler who has several years’ experience working in an insurance broking capacity. Management experience would be preferable but not essential, however, you must be able to provide examples of situations where you have had to manage people.
A strong business sense is required to follow board and management objectives, plus the ability to understand and empathise with the challenges faced by their brokers in running their own business. Strong influence and negotiation skills will be required when dealing with insurers and brokers.
- Providing a market leading broking service, focused on providing quality customer service and positive outcomes for their clients
- Developing a strong working relationship with brokers, insurers and other service providers
- Understanding the latest compliance requirements and upcoming changes, to trade in a compliant manner, to ensure compliant behaviour of your brokers and to escalate to the Compliance Department (where appropriate)
- Trading with insurers to obtain the best possible terms for their end customers
- Understanding their brokers’ and end customers’ needs and the challenges they face
- Meeting KPIs and objectives set out by the team leader
- Supporting the team leader, undertaking tasks delegated where required
- Supporting the business placement strategy laid out by the Insurance Relationship & Placement Manager
- Following processes and procedures laid out by the Operations Manager, as well as working with them to develop and improve
- Ensuring you have the appropriate knowledge for your role as well as working with the team leader to create a development plan, including compliance, product and market knowledges, broking systems, IT skills etc.
- Supporting other broking teams when required
Essential Skills & Experience:
- GCSE or equivalent education with A Level, degree level education and CII qualifications (preferable but not essential)
- Experience and use of MS Office and prior experience using broking software and insurance extranets (preferable but not essential)
- Having a proactive approach to problem solving, dealing with problems constructively and solving the root cause of day to day issues faced, engaging with team leaders and management
- Taking pride and having ownership of your own job
- Ability to manage difficult conversations and expectations