Our client, a fast growing technical distributor based on the outskirts of Marlow, is seeking an Assistant Stock Merchandiser. Duties will include responsibility for stock taking, forecasting and range management using strong analytical skills. You will support the Stock Merchandiser and Category Manager to achieve the agreed sales and stock budget.
- Reviewing line level forecast and sales performance, making recommendations to raise new orders and managing intake phasing within the stock budget
- Reviewing trade performance daily to ensure sales are maximised and stock turn optimised
- Proactively reviewing category performance and proposing action to be taken by the Category Manager regarding promotional activity and end of life management
- Working with the Merchandiser to build and update relevant seasonal reports
- Supporting the Merchandiser by producing and analysing reports
- Managing stock replenishment to maximise availability and stock turn within budget
- Other ad-hoc duties.
- During exceptionally busy periods there may be a requirement for some weekend work (can usually be carried out remotely – a few hours or so)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Head Office buying or stock merchandising role
- Highly numerate and competent working with data and Excel
- The ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team work ethic, well organised and a confident communicator
- Strong commercial aptitude with excellent problem solving skills
- A desire to support and train others
- A positive “can do” attitude