Our client, a small but growing food manufacturer, is looking to recruit a reliable, trustworthy and motivated Food Production Assistant to join their team. This is a part time role, with hours varying slightly, but you will be expected to work on average up to 18 hours per week. However, some additional hours may be required within the first 2 weeks for training purposes. You will be working weekday hours only (Monday to Friday), with no evening/night shifts expected.
Duties of the role will include:
- Providing assistance with food product assembly and roasting
- Picking and packing food products ready for distribution
- Loading/unloading deliveries (some manual handling/lifting may be required)
- Cleaning/preparing the production area
- Maintaining strict hygiene requirements
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
Our client anticipates big growth plans for the business over the next 2-3 years, so there may be opportunities for career progression for the right person.
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment, learning as you go
- Reliable, self-motivated, hard-working, with the ability to use your initiative when learning new skills/getting things done
- A passion for food and nutrition and a genuine interest in furthering your career in this sector
- Reliability is as must, turning up on time each day with enthusiasm and with high levels of productivity
- A good eye for detail, ensuring accuracy and precision
- Trustworthy and committed to the philosophy of the business