Our client is seeking a Marketing and Events Coordinator. This is a part-time permanent role, working 20 hours per week.
Overall function of the role : Working as part of the Marketing & Events team, supporting, promoting and delivering an attractive programme of events that helps the business achieve its overall aims, supporting member development and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
Event Management and Planning: Working with the Events and Project Marketing Manager to plan and deliver an attractive programme of events
- Attending events to set up, meeting and registering the delegates, requiring (on occasion) early morning starts and late evenings
- Responsibility for the scheduling and event management of the Network (including all types as required). ‘Focus On’, Member to Member and Hub Open Day events, including promotion through all channels to ensure the target number of delegates is achieved at each event
- Project-managing events in accordance with event plans, including sourcing venues, catering and accommodation; agendas, speaker sourcing briefing and liaison; room set up, delegate packs, confirmation AV requirements and organising ‘on the day’ support
Event Promotion: Working with the Events and Project Marketing Manager and other external organisations (where necessary) to promote events to target audiences, making arrangements for all necessary advertisements and materials
- Ensuring press releases are issued where appropriate to help achieve objectives
- Ensuring, with the Digital Marketing Executive, that social media channels are utilised fully for both pre & post event promotion
Knowledge, Understanding, Experience and Skills
- Degree level graduate in a related subject or relevant work experience in marketing
- Ability to multitask and manage various different functions at once
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources
- Ability to handle pressure well
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks/projects
- Highly computer literate with an excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently to support all members of the team
- Excellent attention to detail and a quality conscious approach are essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work early mornings and some late evenings as required by the events schedule
- Full driving licence with access to own car
Special Requirements :-
Some work with Subcontractors, Agencies and Suppliers. Working to agreed budgets, financial monitoring, adhering to procurement protocol.