This is a full time, permanent position.
Our client, a consultancy firm based in High Wycombe, is seeking a Mechanical Technician to join their expanding team. You must be organised, self-motivated and someone who understands the critical importance of robust testing procedures whilst maintaining professionalism at all times. This role would suit someone who enjoys a variety of challenges on a daily basis.
Please note, this role will require travel in various locations within the UK and across Europe (you must be willing to be away from home for up to 10 days at certain times).
- Executing project plans as provided by the General Manager
- Managing the health and efficiency of the equipment in the field, diagnosing and rectifying faults as they arise
- Safely rigging the test equipment to the vehicle, conducting on road tests with professionalism
- Downloading/processing test data and uploading to RDE site. This will include conducting the cleaning process and marker creation
- Liaising with clients on the ground in the absence of more senior members of staff
- Ensuring the company test procedures are always adhered to
- Ensuring HSE compliance
- Travelling/testing in other locations throughout the UK, Germany and USA when required, often at short notice
- Communicating with other technical staff and the General Manager on the progress of testing
- Providing accurate and efficient measurements
- Providing first line quality assessment of data
- Ensuring project test plans are followed
- Communicating with management frequently
- Mechanical background (desirable)
- A basic understanding of PEMS testing preferable (however, training given)
- Ability to design/weld/fabricate (desirable)
- Cat B Licence (essential) as there is a high level of driving involved
- HGV Class 2 or 1 (desirable)
- Experience of driving in Europe (beneficial)
- Basic knowledge of repairing/maintaining electrical equipment
- Confidence working with numbers
- High level of interest in driving
- Good social skills, as interactions with both staff members/clients
- A positive mentality with the ability to learn at pace
- Flexibility to travel at short notice (i.e. 1 week) / a willingness to work away from home for short periods, including weekends
- Self-motivated, professional, with the ability to work on own initiative as well as demonstrating a high level of team contribution
- Proactive and well-presented
- Motivated, problem-solving
- Having a conscientious approach to valuable and sensitive test equipment
- Ability to communicate progress of project test plans with the General Manager
- IT literate (Excel) with the ability to use basic computer programmes/able to grasp new software quickly
- Ability to use a wide variety of PEMS and accompanying software.
- Flexibility to travel at short notice, i.e. 1 week.