Our well established, highly regarded and successful client is looking for a full time Operations Manager to join their team.
The key purpose of this role will be to provide professional, efficient and proactive office and operations management to support this young, high growth business. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, excellent customer facing skills, as well as a methodical, logical and practical approach. This would suit someone looking to showcase their communication and systems driven skills on a daily basis.
You must have an outgoing, friendly personality as success will depend on you building strong personal relationships, both internally and with suppliers and customers. Project management and systems driven organisational skills are vital.
As the business is growing, this role will bring an opportunity to re-design/re-think and implement streamlined processes and procedures to ensure continued growth and success.
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of office administration, operations and overseeing customer service.
This is a varied role and being a small team everyone is required to complete a wide range of tasks.
You will work with the Managing Director on operational strategy and goals, keeping the team updated on developments and operational targets. You will ensure both you and other team members have the resources, systems, support and knowledge to achieve targets as well as individual goals.
Duties of the role will include:
- Ensuring high standards are constantly met or exceeded
- Ensuring operations comply with all applicable laws and to assured standards
- Full accountability for stock control and supply chain management, including logistical operations
- Procurement/production planning, nurturing supplier partnerships and relationships
- Sales order processing and logistics co-ordination
- Preparing/sending out quotes and invoices
- Ensuring and delivering smooth import/export administration
- Maintaining meticulous hard and soft copy filing systems
- Assisting the Financial Controller with credit control and collections, as required
- HR Management, including issuing/maintaining employee contracts, tracking and managing annual leave and other HR related matters
- Sales Ledger Management : setting up new customers / raising invoices when order is complete and credit notes (if required) / emailing and posting invoices to customers / dealing with customer queries and investigating discrepancies
- Purchase Ledger Management : setting up new suppliers / keying suppliers’ invoices in system / checking suppliers’ statements against system / dealing with suppliers’ queries and discrepancies
- Credit Control Management : sending statements to customers / contacting customers for payment dates and overdue payments / updating verbal and email communications in system / submitting weekly report to Finance Director / identifying any possible financial risks and reporting to Finance Director
- Stock Management & Logistics : stock re-ordering from UK, EU and overseas suppliers / checking and maintaining stock level of various products for all sales division / day to day contact with freight forwarders, booking container space for collection of goods from overseas suppliers / updating shipping and sailing movement in house spreadsheet
- Co-ordination Administration Team : managing and ensuring smooth working of all admin colleagues / reporting to Managing Director and Finance Director regarding helping admin, financial and sales departments working together effectively
- Confidence using Sage Line 50 software / excellent Excel spreadsheet skills
- Competence in use of cloud systems for inventory, accounts and CRM
- An enthusiastic, motivated, positive, flexible attitude
- Ability to manage / prioritise your own workload
- A willingness to learn with enthusiastic energy and a passion for making a difference
- Ability to work independently, using your own initiative, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to manage / ensure smooth working of all admin colleagues
- Clear communication skills / strong organisational skills
- Respect for others