Our highly successful client, established for over 50 years and based in Greenford, is looking for an energetic and experienced Product & Logistics Manager to work as part of the management team. You will need to be adept at running an efficient and motivated team of 15 staff and be accomplished at stock management and control. You must have excellent IT, supplier relationship and purchasing skills, plus commitment and drive for continual process and product improvement. A commercial decision maker, happy working both behind a desk and as part of a factory environment, you will relish the prospect of making substantial and critical input towards the continued development and success of the company and will be working together with, and as a key member of, the Management Team, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
- PURCHASING: Supplier relationship building with the aim of optimising prices, supply chain reliability and quality, including product quality, specification and packaging / stock purchasing / supporting aim to achieve optimal manufacturing capacity through in-house stock production / supporting and liaising with their manufacturing operation, including stock production / factory consumables purchasing as required
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: Improving existing product lines as well as researching and developing new opportunities. Key areas include improved packing, labelling and delivery of products / developing replacement environmental beneficial products / researching, testing and implementing new lines / developing fast-moving seasonal lines
- DISTRIBUTION & LOGISTICS: Organising the flow of goods in and out of the company and running a time critical picking process. Implementing systems to cope with variable daily Goods In demands and enabling high picking accuracy and success, including Goods In, order processing, developing processes to enable evening or weekend picking as required, operating the Trade Counter and Reception, Goods Out, Couriers, sales and small pack sales
- STOCK MANAGEMENT & CONTROL: Setting stock quantities to facilitate best price ordering and bulk sale opportunities and crucially to prevent stock outs whilst ensuring sufficient spare warehouse capacity and acceptable stock turnover. Developing processes to respond to the different storage and stocking needs of the different product ranges, plus variable purchase order lead times. Duties to include warehouse layout, racking and shelving organisation / stock level re-order control and backorder prevention, communication and investigation / overflow stock management, picking bay review and re-stacking / rolling stock checks and condition monitoring / returns processing, investigation and issue solving, plus customer complaints review / call off stock management / production of bulk purchase discount stock price lists for the Sales Team.
- Proven track record for negotiating with suppliers in order to achieve loyal supplier relationships, without sacrificing the essential need for best price in order to remain competitive
- A positive drive for continuous improvement, e.g. product quality, packing, stocking or delivery systems
- A keen drive to get involved in the nitty-gritty of daily processes, recognising the great beneficial effect of cumulative small improvements, as well as through larger projects
- Good data and IT skills in order to improve internal systems and processes, helping to develop the use of digital software in their processing, stocking and distribution systems
- Ability to work as part of a team, leading others by example
- Adept at delegating tasks successfully, communicating with and motivating other members of staff