This is a permanent position.
Our client, an established chartered accountancy firm, is seeking a receptionist to be based in their Beaconsfield office. The role, reporting to the Managing Director, will include the following responsibilities:
- Meeting clients in a polite and friendly manner and dealing with their requests.
- Making clients feel comfortable and offering refreshments upon arrival and during meetings.
- Answering incoming calls in a timely and pleasant manner and dealing with them accordingly, taking clear and accurate messages if required.
- Prioritising work, ensuring all duties are completed on a timely basis.
- Opening post on a daily basis, scanning and distributing to the relevant person.
- Franking outgoing post and completing necessary documentation for Special Deliveries etc.
- Organising couriers when needed.
- Organising working lunches when needed.
- Ensuring the downstairs kitchen is kept clean and tidy and supplies are available at all times, i.e. milk, orange juice.
- Ensuring meeting rooms are clear and tidy for each client meeting, including a stock of pens and pads.
- Overseeing office maintenance when necessary.
- Maintaining a stock of marketing folders and leaflets in the display stand.
- Providing administrative and secretarial support when needed, and when time permits after Reception duties are fulfilled. To include typing jobs, photocopying, filing, scanning, archiving.
The successful candidate will possess the following traits:
- A good standard of education.
- Previous experience in both a reception and an administrative background
- Confident at communicating with clients, directors, managers, PAs and secretaries
- Ability to learn new skills and take on ad hoc duties
- Be able to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Good all round IT skills are essential and the ability to learn new software packages
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- A smart and professional appearance