This is a permanent position.
Our client, an established Medical Practice, is seeking a full-time receptionist with either Emis or NHS experience to be based in High Wycombe. This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Receiving, assisting and directing patients and carers in a professional, courteous, efficient and effective manner.
- Ensuring all patients are recorded on arrival and external customers/visitors are appropriately recorded in the visitor book and aware of emergency evacuation procedures and safeguarding policy.
- Monitoring patient arrivals and waiting times, assisting as necessary.
- Managing patient requests/concerns efficiently and in the most appropriate manner.
- Providing high quality reception service at all times answering incoming calls in a timely, pleasant and friendly manner, dealing with them accordingly and taking clear and accurate messages as and when required.
- Ensuring the reception area is presentable, professional and maintained to a high standard at all times.
- Being able to cover all reception position as necessary.
- The delivery of completed repeat prescriptions to patients, verifying names and addresses.
- Consulting with practice team members regarding patients and visitors as necessary.
- Prioritising work, ensuring all duties are completed on a timely basis.
- Working as a team, building relationships with both patients and colleagues.
- Applying practice policies, standards and guidance.
- Participating in audit where appropriate
- Working extra hours when required
The successful candidate will possess the following traits:
- A good standard of education together with a good level of general intelligence
- Previous experience in general practice
- Confidence and with effective, clear communication when dealing with patients, carers and other team members, plus the ability to influence effectively
- The capacity to cogitate conflicting information and reach conclusions
- The ability to recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and be able to respond accordingly
- The ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines
- The ability to cope with unexpected situations and provide solutions to problems
- Familiarity and experience of working with a clinical computer system with patient data
- Willingness to look for new ideas, improvements and embrace change
- A genuine interest in health promotion
- A smart and professional appearance, as will be dealing with patients and practice staff etc.