This is a permanent, full-time position working 35 hours per week and will consist of working different shifts (Monday-Sunday).
Our client, a fantastic global marketing organisation, is looking to recruit a Receptionist & Reservations. Your role will be to ensure that the Bed and Breakfast reservations system is kept up-to-date and that enquiries are responded to within service KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). You will be responsible for all reservation checks being carried out and will ensure all bookings are correct in the system. You will be assisting the Front of House Manager with the maximisation of Bed and Breakfast revenue, as well as achievement of budget targets through regular review and feedback on capacity, plus the management of online travel agents.
You will be managing and supporting the day to day running of the reception area to exceed standards set out in the Standard of Operations Procedures, together with their excellence ethos. You will be expected to provide the necessary assistance to all delegates, visitors and members of staff, as well as managing the Reception & Reservations team, carrying out feedback, training and development and performance management as needed.
Duties of the role will include:
- Receiving and inputting Bed and Breakfast bookings, ensuring they are dealt with fully until the guest departs
- Ensuring reservation checks are done daily to maximise room yield, plus ensuring guest satisfaction
- Ensuring guests are booked in on the correct tariff and are allocated to the correct room type
- Ensuring all required charges are posted to the guest’s bill before they check out and ensuring accurate, timely invoicing where appropriate
- Working with Sales and Events to manage course bookings
- Organising the Reception team rotas, making sure they meet the needs of the business in conjunction with the Front of House Manager
- Organising rate contracts with local companies on a completive rate and converting Bed and Breakfast guests into regular clients
- Working the events to ensure communication between areas to continue the smooth running of the site
- Ensuring all guests receive the best experience throughout their full customer journey
- Responsibility for floats and all money taken daily, ensuring money balances at the end of each shift
- Answering the switchboard, ensuring customers are put through to the correct areas
- Ensuring the Reception team are fully aware of where to transfer calls
- Signing in contractors / temporary workers and visitors
- Learning and assisting with the Housekeeping team to understand the full picture of the Front of House team
- Other general duties, such as booking taxis, guests/staff queries, booking out bedrooms etc.
- Developing relationships with regular Bed and Breakfast business clients and bookers and also with their competitive set of hotels and local taxi companies
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and drive standards
- Ability to work on your own as well as in a team
- A self-motivator with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent attention to detail, alongside a positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to prioritise with a “can do” attitude
- Organised / reliable
- Previous experience in a similar role (an advantage)
- Previous use of a hotel booking system and a CRM system (preferred)
- Intermediate MS word/excel skills (essential)