Our client, a private company who strive to build a truly unique, long-lasting working relationship with its clients, is seeking a Research Associate to join their team based near Marlow. You must be a bright individual, be highly intelligent, who is above the norm in terms of acumen, focus, curiosity and degree results. You must have proven research skills, as well as great proficiency with regarding the use of IT, systems and the internet, and must be efficient and organised in terms of managing your work and be commercially astute. You will need to be a real “people” person and have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, be highly articulate and personable and be able to communicate at all levels.
As you will be working as part of a team, you will need to be personable, team orientated and have a desire to develop and contribute to research at the forefront of this important and expanding market. This role will consist of working with the Senior Consultant on international assignments, identifying target companies and actively seeking candidates within them and building shortlists. This will also include internet research, phone mapping and making candidate approach calls. This is both a varied and interesting role.
In return, you will be offered a comprehensive training scheme which will give you exposure to emerging technology companies. You will be trained on the state of the art research methodologies and would include a career development programme which would give you the opportunity to move into a client facing executive search career role over 3 years.
This role would ideally suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years work experience, with a minimum 2.1 degree, who is seeking a venture into a new career.
Duties will include:
- Effective “headhunting” communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Thinking outside of the box to build shortlists and coming up with own ideas on how to find the right person for the search, as well as advising others in research that are supporting you on your assignments
- Producing an accurate search target list with cognitive demonstration in support of your choices
- Becoming involved and gradually taking accountability for developing successful CVs
- Gaining experience and achieving success within the research phase of the search and also the approaching phase of the search (as well as the overall management of the search)
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the use of maximising tools such as FileFinder and Linked In
- Building a track record of successful delivery of searches in a timely/efficient manner to expectation
- Gaining an understanding and articulating clearly the value proposition and positioning of the company client propositions and key players
- University or high level of vocational achievement (highly desirable)
- Confident, bright, active, creative, proactive and resourceful
- Excellent communication skills (both on the telephone and face to face)
- Practical common sense with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to retain/apply knowledge effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines and set clear expectations of results
- A decision maker, persuasive, having the capability to influence
- An open, honest, trustworthy, reliable personality with integrity
- Having a sense of perspective and realism
- Career minded and team orientated
- A strong research ability with attention to detail and great accuracy
- A sharp, highly curious mind with a personal wish to learn more