This is a full time, permanent position (working 40 hours per week).
Our client, a leading specialist within their specific industry, is seeking a Sales Advisor to join their busy team, also working weekends on a rota basis (i.e. 1 full weekend on / 1 full weekend off). You must possess excellent customer service skills, have had lots of face to face sales experience and have the ability to identify and report Health and Safety issues.
A company uniform will be supplied and must be worn at all times. This must be kept neat, clean and presentable, ensuring work wear and appearance standards are adhered to.
Duties to include:
- Delivering excellent customer service that exceeds all customer’s expectations
- Approaching customers and ensuring they are dealt with efficiently, courteously and as promptly as possible
- Dealing with customers’ orders and queries in a confident, efficient and professional manner
- Comprehensive product knowledge (enabling alternatives to be suggested to customers and expert advice given)
- Wherever possible, identifying improvements to processes to enhance customer service, reduce costs, improving margins etc.
- Matching the needs of customers to the best product available, remembering ironmongery, upselling and stock levels
- Ensuring all deliveries are checked off accurately, promptly and relevant paperwork is passed on efficiently and quickly
- Resolving any customer issues/enquiries to a satisfactory conclusion
- Keeping paperwork precise and clear so that tasks may be followed by colleagues (in particular whoever is covering in your absence)
- Creating effective, up-to-date displays in the showroom, ensuring all products are clearly coded, priced and kept clean and well presented
- Ensuring specific customer requirements are processed efficiently, promptly and meeting delivery promise
- Preparing and assisting with stocktakes, adhering to Company procedures
- Assisting with training and development of all new recruits
- Reporting any Health & Safety issues to your Line Manager
- Taking on reasonable ad-hoc duties, ensuring the smooth running of the company
- Keeping a customer friendly working environment, following the clear-desk policy at the end of each day
- Previous experience within a sales or customer service role (essential) – i.e. lots of face to face sales
- Flexibility to work weekends on a rota basis (essential)
- Ability to build a friendly and professional rapport with customers
- Motivated to drive sales
- A flexible approach